Getting to know Jessica – The girl behind the lens – Long Island Photographer
20 getting to know you questions – some fun little facts about the girl behind the lens
I found this 20 Getting to Know You Questions questionnaire over on another photographers blog and thought it was perfect since I am not great at creating about me facts! Usually these are done on Friday’s as #fridayintroductions but I’m posting today so…
let’s get started! Enjoy!
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
Elf! I mean I watch it year round and can’t think of any other christmas movie that makes me laugh every single time I watch it.
- If you could live in any period of history, what would it be?
Defiantly the 50’s – 60’s. I love most things about that time period and if you look at my house you would totally know what I mean. I have almost all vintage furniture in my house and am always listing to the “oldies” station here. I have always loved the music from that time period – it used to be the only thing my mom played in the car – so I know the words to almost every song that comes on.
Us on our honeymoon in Las Vegas
- What’s your dream occupation – the one job you’d love to have if you weren’t doing what you’re doing now? I would have to say some type of chef or baker. I love to cook and eat really yummy food. Though in the years since my kids have entered the world I have not been doing it as much aside from the usual meals of the week. Sometimes I like to get fancy and it’s usually well received other times not so much – like my mushroom risotto last week. “MOM why couldn’t you just have left it plain!” I also love food photography and was my main concentration before solely doing babies, kids and families!
- Describe your first car and what you loved or hated most about it.
I had a 90’s something Pontiac Sunfire – it was white. I saved up for about a year after having my learners permit by working at Target ( which is were my slight obsession began)
- What one accomplishment are you most proud of?
Not giving up this year – I can’t tell you how many times I just wanted to close up shop and never shoot another picture again. Moving cross country was HARD on me and my business. But thanks to my supporting husband and family & friends I kept on going and not letting the hard parts of business get me down.
- How do you take your coffee?
Light and sweet so it doesn’t taste much like coffee and I love when summer rolls around because iced is even better for me!
- What has been the hardest part about your motherhood journey?
Not being perfect. It’s the hardest thing for me and I focus a lot on the un-perfect parts. Before kids I had ideas about how I would raise kids and for the most part I have stuck to them but life, pregnancy and PPD really like to throw wrenches into that perfect plan.
- What has been the best part?
Watching them both grow and learn. Everyday I look and think weren’t you just my tiny little baby that I could just carry around and now they are both wild little minions running around causing all sorts of mayhem.
- What is something you collected or are still collecting?
There are 2 things I collect – Franciscan Wear (Coronado pattern) and all things Elvis! The Elvis thing kicked off at birth – because we share a birthday and my grandma was a big fan. I have long been collecting Elvis memorabilia since I was a little kid and my grandma gave me an original photograph of Elvis from a concert he did at Ft. Hood in TX. Then she took me to Memphis, TN to visit Graceland. My husband and I collect the Franciscan Wear together after finding a HUGE set at an antique store when we were looking for a dish set for our first place together. And since then we have been collecting pieces as we find them, which has become harder since being on the east coast.
First Elvis piece can be seen on the right in silver frame & that is only about 1/2 of our dish collection other half is in boxes for when we need 30 tea cups or ice cream dishes
- If you were hosting a dinner party who are the 5 people (alive or dead) you would invite?
Elvis (obviously), Adele, The Beatles, My BFF Brandie & Will Ferrel
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
Really bad TV shows like the Kardashians, Botched, My 600 Lb. Life etc etc. I don’t know why but I get sucked in and can’t turn it off!
- What’s on your Bucket List?
To travel outside of the US- In my 31 years I have only traveled within the US and dream of going to see so many more places.
- What’s on your most played playlist?
Pandora – I don’t have time for playlist… We listen to a lot of Cake radio and Adele radio
- Whats your favorite book(series)?
I’m not a big book reader aside from reading to the kids. Usually only business type books or cookbooks. So really I guess I could say my favorite would be “Pure Vanilla” by Shauna Sever or the one Emily can read all by herself now called “Emily’s Balloon”
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
San Francisco – not going to lie, I REALLY miss it. SF/Marin was such a great space for us but sadly the cost to live and survive there just wasn’t possible. I thrive on the busyness of the city and the constant change and urban setting.
Taken on the way to the hospital in labor with Emily
- Are there things that you sometimes don’t understand, but pretend you do?
Politics – I just can’t keep up. I know its important to know but it stresses me out so much.
- What will you never give up on?
My business – like i said before I always want to give up but I don’t. I worked really hard to get here and I won’t quit easily.
- If you could have one superpower – what would it be?
Cleaning with the snap of a finger. I mean who really gets excited to clean… I don’t and truly despise it.
- Have you ever had a nickname? What was it?
Yeah, everyone used to call me Red in high school.
- What makes you laugh the most?
My daughter Emily says the most hilarious things lately and watching her dance to different music really makes me giggle. Then my husband he’s always been a funny guy doing funny things and thats where she gets it from.